March 29, 2019: Recipes of the Week
Meal #1 Tacos (follow recipe on kit box) Refried Beans
Meal #2 Baked Bone In Chicken Marinated in Grill Mates, Corn on the Cob, Broccoli
Meal #3 Southwestern Baked Spaghetti and Salad with Tomato, Cucumber, and Light Dressing
Meal #4 Palermo’s Thin Crust Veggie Pizza and Salad with Tomato, Cucumber, and Light Dressing
Meal #5 Lemon Chicken with Broccoli and Brown Rice
Broccoli, fresh, 4 cup,
Olive Oil, .4 tsp
Chili powder, 1 tbsp
Garlic, 4 tsp
Salt, 1 tsp
Mix together the olive oil, chili powder, garlic and salt in a bowl. Add the broccoli and toss to coat.
Place on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 – 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Broccoli should be browned and sizzling. It can be flipped halfway through cooking, but not necessary.
Southwestern baked spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 packet hot taco seasoning (use mild if you prefer less heat)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare spaghetti according to box directions and set aside.
- Using a 12-inch oven-safe skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is warmed, add in onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and green chilies. Cook until vegetables start to soften and add in ground beef.
- Cook the mixture until the ground beef is no longer pink. If the mixture is really greasy drain, add back to the pan and move on to the next step. If there is not a lot of grease in the pan then simply skip the draining portion.
- Sprinkle mixture with taco seasoning and add in tomato sauce. Cook until warmed throughout and add in spaghetti. Toss to combine and spread out in a even layer across the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
- all-purpose flour 2 Tbsp
- table salt ½ tsp, divided
- black pepper ¼ tsp, freshly ground
- uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s) 12 oz, thinly sliced
- olive oil 2 tsp
- fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth 1 ½ cup(s), divided
- minced garlic 2 tsp
- uncooked broccoli 2 ½ cup(s), small florets
- lemon zest 2 tsp, or more to taste*
- fresh parsley 2 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh lemon juice 1 Tbsp
- On a plate, combine 1 1/2 Tbsp flour, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Put 1 cup broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
- In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup broth, 1/2 Tbsp flour and 1/4 tsp salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat.Serving size: 1 cup
Ingles Grocery List
2 pkg Ground Turkey $2.98
Bone In Chicken Breast .98 lb
Springer Mountain Chicken Fillets 28oz $6.98
Refried Beans $1.25
Old El Paso Dinner Kit $2
Grill Mates Marinade .69
Wishbone Dressing (choose light) $1.34
Smart Taste Spaghetti .83
Barilla Pasta Sauce $1.38
4 oz. diced green chilies
Pkt hot taco seasoning
Palermo’s Thin Veggie Pizza $3.69
Shredded Mexican Cheese
4 Corn on the Cob .50 each
Fresh Express Salad Mix $2
Seedless Cucumbers $1.09
Yellow Grape Tomatoes $1.38
Broccoli Crowns (enough for 2 meals) $1.98 lb